Sunday, March 9, 2008

Good Times for Feeling Good

Okay, it's no mystery that I'm out of shape. That is evidenced by the sheer difficulty it takes to do a single, full-range push-up. Up until yesterday, doing push-ups seemed like a joke; I'd try to do a few, and I'd be so trembly and sore from the effort that it seemed pointless to continue trying.

Yesterday changed all that. I had girl 2 sitting on my back while I was lying on the ground. She's 2 and weighs maybe 23-25 pounds. Maybe. She wanted a "horsie" ride. "Sure, sweetie. Let's do it." With wife watching and with as much bravado as I could muster, I faked like I was going to do a push-up. Imagine my surprise when I just shoved off the ground with practically no problem. WITH a 2-year old on my back!

I felt pretty good the rest of the day.

Moment of weakness: I have a real soft spot for Papa Murphy's pepperoni pizza. Okay . . . ANY of their pies will do. They're all fantastic. Except the veggie pie. That's kind of pointless, in my book. That's just me, though. ANYway, we had a game night with some friends last night. We had pizza, jelly beans, pistachios . . . it was a *very* decadent night . . . relatively speaking.

The day before was pretty good, though. I had an asiago bagel with a cup of 2% milk for breakfast; another cup of milk for snack; a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat bread and a banana for lunch; a piece of cheese for snack; and dinner . . . which actually escapes me, but it was healthy . . . I think.

Jeans. Actually noticeably more loose.

This is going to be a good summer. I can just tell.

No comments: